|Athens, November 22, 2019 – The HbbTV Association, a global initiative dedicated to providing open standards for the delivery of advanced interactive TV services through broadcast and broadband networks for connected TV sets and set-top boxes, has unveiled the winners of the HbbTV Awards 2019, showcasing and celebrating excellence in the HbbTV community.
The winners of the HbbTV Awards 2019
Best marketing or promotion of an HbbTV based Service
- FTV Prima, spol. s r.o. – Boosting HbbTV awareness on the Czech Market
Best multiscreen HbbTV experience
- Bayerische Medien Technik GmbH – Fernsehen für ALLE/TV for EVERYONE
Best tool for HbbTV development or delivery
- Nomor Research GmbH – HbbTV Conformance Software
Best use of HbbTV for advertising and promotion
Best use of HbbTV for content discovery (VOD and broadcaster guides)
- HD+ – HD+ integration in TV sets
Best use of HbbTV for enhanced TV services
- FTV Prima, spol. s r.o. TVOD – Previews of prime-time series in HbbTV
Best use of HbbTV for Operator applications
- Panasonic – HD+ HbbTV OpApp
Best Individual Contribution
- Chris Poole, BBC, as huge supporter of the development and use of HbbTV in the UK
Judges Awards Winners:
Best technology innovation in an HbbTV product or service
- Bayerische Medien Technik GmbH
Most impactful HbbTV product or service
“Congratulations to the winners of the HbbTV Awards 2019! We are impressed once more by the amazing applications offered by these innovative industry players, and also by their very diverse profiles, as they come from many different backgrounds. They are certainly providing very inspiring examples of how enriched TV experiences for the consumers can be created with HbbTV,” said Vincent Grivet, Chairman of the HbbTV Association.
The winners were selected by an independent jury of industry experts. A total of 46 submissions from 13 countries were received during the call for entries.
The prizes were awarded at a prestigious ceremony on November 21, 2019 as part of the 8th HbbTV Symposium and Awards in Athens, co-hosted by the HbbTV Association and Greek public TV and radio broadcaster ERT.