HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2019 – Call for Speakers
Geneva, June 13, 2019 – The 8th HbbTV Symposium and Awards, taking place on November 21-22, 2019 in Athens, Greece, will offer a great opportunity to reach top-level players from the global broadcast and broadband industry. The HbbTV Association, which hosts the event in conjunction with Greek public broadcaster ERT and the Greek Ministry of Digital Policy, Telecommunications and Media, is looking for industry executives and experts interested in joining the annual key summit of the connected TV world as speakers.
“With over 300 delegates from 27 countries, the HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2018 in Berlin achieved a new record number of visitors and speakers. This year’s event in Athens will again provide a great opportunity for speakers to reach a large number of high-profile executives from around the world with their first-hand experiences, messages and advice,” said Vincent Grivet, Chair of the HbbTV Association.
The HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2019 is open for speakers on the following topics, particularly when supported by experiences gained from providing live services. The submission of additional topics will also be considered.
- Reviews of new and existing HbbTV deployments in different markets and countries
- Using hybrid broadcast and broadband to improve television for viewers from the perspectives of:
- Consumers and/or consumer organisations
- TV and other device manufacturers (e.g. supporting multiscreen services, companion/second screen)
- Operators and service providers
- Broadcasters (both public service and commercial)
- Advertising and other means of monetising the hybrid broadcast and broadband approach to television (e.g. addressable TV ads)
- Experiences in promoting and marketing HbbTV
- From a technology perspective
- From a business development perspective
- GDPR & ePrivacy – experiences in an HbbTV enabled world
- Content media security, rights management and content protection in hybrid TV services
- HbbTV best practices:
- OTT, on-demand/catch-up streaming services
- Companion screen applications
- Voice-control with HbbTV
- 360° VR – increase viewer engagement
- Experiences with operator applications and content discovery services
- Delivering advanced viewing experiences including:
- Ultra-High Definition
- High-Dynamic Range
- Next Generation Audio
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality
- Cutting-edge innovations and technology in the deployment of HbbTV-enabled services and devices
- Tools and techniques for developing and testing HbbTV applications and services
- HbbTV and other standards – DVB, ATSC 3.0, etc. – What can we learn from one another and how can we work together effectively? A few examples can be:
- 3GPP 5G Technology
- DVB-I, IP-Broadcasting
- ATSC 3.0 Watermarking
If you would like to speak at the 8th HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2019, you are welcome to send us an outline of your proposed presentation through this online form by July 15, 2019. Please provide the title, an abstract (max. 200 words), a speaker’s biography (max. 150 words) and a speaker’s photo.
The HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2019 targets platform operators, broadcasters, advertisers and adtechs, standards organisations and technology companies. The event will also host the third edition of the prestigious HbbTV Awards, featuring a wide range of categories designed to acclaim best practice and excellence in the HbbTV community.