HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2023: Call for Speakers
Geneva, July 3, 2023 – The 11th HbbTV Symposium and Awards on November 28-29, 2023 in Naples, Italy, will provide a unique platform to present and discuss the latest developments in the connected TV industry. The HbbTV Association, which co-hosts the event with Comunicare Digitale, an Italian association for the development of digital television, is inviting industry executives and experts to address the top-level audience as speakers in the conference programme.
“The annual HbbTV Symposium is an excellent opportunity to meet, learn, discuss and explore the key trends of the fascinating space of interactive TV. Your thoughts on current developments, new products and services and future trends will be heard by a qualified and hungry audience! I would therefore like to encourage you to respond to the Call for Speakers and share your proposals for contributions with us,” said Vincent Grivet, Chair of the HbbTV Association.
The HbbTV Symposium 2023 on November 28 is open for speakers on the preferred topics below, particularly when supported by experiences gained from providing real-world services. Submissions on other topics can also be considered.
For the first time in HbbTV, the second day of the event will be an “unconference” format where the schedule is defined on the day by those present. Proposals for topics for which there’s no room on the first day can always be re-proposed for the “unconference”.
- Reviews of HbbTV service deployments in different markets and countries; looking ahead
- Using hybrid broadcast and broadband to improve viewers’ choice and experience from the perspectives of:
– Consumers and/or consumer organisations
– TV and other device manufacturers (e.g. supporting multiscreen services, companion/second screen)
– Operators and Service Providers
– Broadcasters (both public service and commercial)
– Regulators, National governments and/or European organisations
– Accessibility services
- Targeted Advertising/Addressable TV ads and other means of monetising the hybrid approach to television:
– Market trends and the appetite for addressable advertising including Broadcast ad substitution
– Client-side and server-side ad substitution
– Watermarking-based ad substitution
– Implementations, use case examples, experiences, future developments, major challenges
– Benefits of standards-based TA (opposed to proprietary solutions)
- HbbTV Operator Application (HbbTV OpApp):
– Explanation, implementations, best practices, specification updates
– New deployments
- Content Media Security, rights management, and content protection in hybrid TV services:
– DRM issues and solutions
– Examples, services and solutions using DRM into the HbbTV/DVB-I environment
- HbbTV and DVB-I:
– Parity/equivalence between DVB-DASH services and broadcast services
– DVB-I as an OpApp
– Trials, deployment, examples
- HbbTV best practices:
– Voice-Control and navigation with HbbTV
– Content discovery services
– Application development and device certification
- The future for HbbTV: market trends and future directions:
– FAST Channels
– Cloud services
– The Metaverse
If you would like to speak at the HbbTV Symposium 2023, you are welcome to send us an outline of your proposed presentation through this online form by August 31, 2023. Please provide the title, an abstract (max. 200 words), a speaker’s biography (max. 150 words) and a speaker’s photo.
The HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2023 targets platform operators, broadcasters, advertisers and adtechs, standards organisations and technology companies, offering first-hand insights into the latest and most innovative services available to viewers, operators and advertisers.
The HbbTV Symposium will also host the 6th edition of the HbbTV Awards, featuring a wide range of categories designed to acclaim best practice and excellence in the HbbTV community. Details on the categories and participation will be announced in due course.
The annual key summit of the connected TV industry will take place at the Naples Maritime Station, a modern congress and exhibition centre located in the port area of Naples at the Mediterranean Sea.
Details on the sponsoring packages at the HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2023 and the preceding preview and demo events can be found in the Call for Sponsors.