IBC 2017 is Finally Here!
The HbbTV Association is pleased to announce that we will be at IBC 2017, showcasing HbbTV technology on the DVB stand (1.D81).
There are some exciting developments in HbbTV at this year’s IBC and we have created a document in conjunction with our members which is intended to give you an overview of what to expect from this exciting technology in the coming months and what to go and see at IBC 2017. Some of the highlights are outlined below:
- Access is showcasing the NetFront Browser family which provides HbbTV solutions based on Chromium of Webkit engines on Linux, Android and other embedded operating systems (OS). Stand 14.D14
- Anglatècnic will be presenting ‘Accessibility and Data in TV’ – a modular suite for the creation and cataloguing of contents with its corresponding broadcast within the DVB signal.
B signal. Stand 14.P13 (Content Everywhere)
- Dotscreen will be demonstrating their suite of HbbTV apps comprising a full UI, VOD, Catch-up TV, EPG, radio, music, weather and news. It is currently proposed under licence to television channels and digital operators. Stand 2.B39
- Eutelsat is presenting the latest version of its Sat.tv app at IBC 2017. Sat.tv, a smart programme guide available for tablets and smartphones, now runs on connected TVs using the HbbTV standard. Stand 1.D59
- FRANSAT, Eutelsat’s free-to-view TV platform for French homes, will present the latest version of its HbbTV operator portal FRANSAT Connect, the interactive service available in the platform of DTT channels broadcast via the EUTELSAT 5 West A satellite. Stand 1.D59
- At IBC, IRT will be demonstrating the latest HbbTV 2 prototype services enabling Addressable TV & Target Advertising in broadcast streams and Multiscreen Applications including synchronised playback of AV content on screen and mobile devices. Stand 10.F51
- Eurofins Digital Testing will be showcasing their end-to-end test automation solution – TestWizard; their 4K HDR Ultra HD Testing Services, and; their ATSC 3.0 Test Suite. Stand 5.B45
- Fraunhoffer FOKUS will be demonstrating their end-to-end solution for ad-insertion in MPEG-DASH and HLS. Stand 8.B80
- At IBC 2017, iWedia will be presenting their Teatro TV Browser. Stand 5.B40
- Opera TV will be discussing the latest developments in HbbTV and their contribution to the most recent specification release. Stand 14.A20
- RT-RK excels at automation in the testing of multimedia devices and provides testing services to all the players in the development and production chain – they will be on hand to discuss their services and solutions throughout IBC. Stand 5.B32
- Sofia Digital will be in Teleste’s booth, showcasing Sofia Backstage® integrated with Luminato head-end platform open application module. Stand 5.B68
- Suitest is an object-based, codeless test automation tool for HbbTV and other big screen platforms. We will be demonstrating the tool at IBC 2017. Stand 14.E05
- Tivù will be premiering their first HbbTV 2.0.1 application: tivùon! Tivù, Samsung and Yotta Media Labs are proud to present the world’s first HbbTV 2.0.1 application at IBC 2017. Stands 1D59 & 5.B48e
- Vestel will be showcasing the latest lines of digital satellites, terrestrials, cables, IP and OTT set-top box solutions, Slim TVs, Ultra HD TVs, Smart LED TVs, Hotel TVs, Educational displays, Digital signage and Video wall solutions. Stand 1.D30
As you can see, this year’s IBC is set to be a fantastic year for HbbTV technology. Here is a link to our full HbbTV IBC 2017 Guide where you can read about all these exciting HbbTV developments in more detail. Also, don’t forget to call by stand 1.D81 (DVB Stand) to see us!