Jury for HbbTV Awards 2019 announced
Geneva, October 7, 2019 – The HbbTV Association, a global initiative dedicated to providing open standards for the delivery of advanced interactive TV services through broadcast and broadband networks for connected TV sets and set-top boxes, is proud to announce that the jury has been appointed for the HbbTV Awards 2019, showcasing and celebrating excellence in the HbbTV community.
The jury members are:
- Marc Hankmann, Freelance Journalist
- Matthew Huntington, Arqiva
- Agnès Lanoë, Arte
- Xavier Redon, Cellnex
- Alberto Sigismondi, Tivù
- Yiannis D. Vougiouklakis, ERT
“We are excited about the high-profile industry experts and players who have agreed to join the HbbTV Awards jury this year,” said Vincent Grivet, Chair of the HbbTV Association. “The large number of entries we have received during the call for submissions show new and innovative features based on HbbTV, reflecting the open specifications’ crucial role in developing compelling hybrid services for an enhanced viewing experience.”
The categories for the HbbTV Awards 2019 are:
- Best use of HbbTV for advertising and promotion
- Best use of HbbTV for enhanced TV services
- Best multiscreen HbbTV experience
- Best use of HbbTV for content discovery (VOD and broadcaster guides)
- Best use of HbbTV for operator applications
- Best marketing or promotion of an HbbTV-based service
- Best tool for HbbTV service development or delivery
- Best individual contribution to the HbbTV Association
- Judges award for best technology innovation in an HbbTV product or service
- Judges award for most impactful HbbTV product or service
The entries will be judged on their execution, impact and innovation. A shortlist of finalists will be put forward to the jury who will select the winners. The finalists will be announced by October 31, 2019.
The prizes will be awarded at a prestigious ceremony on November 21, 2019. The event forms part of the 8th HbbTV Symposium and Awards, taking place November 21-22, 2019 in Athens. All finalists are invited to attend the awards ceremony.
Last year’s HbbTV Awards winners include Admeira AG, Channel One, BT, ARTE G.E.I.E., CCMA, ARD Play-Out-Center, Rob Foreman and Cellnex Telecom.
The online registration form for the 8th HbbTV Symposium and Awards as well as more details on the conference programme, the HbbTV Awards, the event venue and hotel recommendations can be found at www.hbbtv.org/8th-hbbtv-symposium-and-awards-2019/. Early bird tickets at reduced rates are available until October 15, 2019. Early registration is recommended as the tickets are limited.