Nominees for HbbTV Awards 2018 announced
Geneva, October 26, 2018 – The HbbTV Association and Deutsche TV-Plattform are proud to announce the shortlists of entries nominated for the HbbTV Awards 2018, showcasing and celebrating excellence in the HbbTV community. During the call for entries, a total of 47 submissions were received covering 35 services and 12 countries.
The finalists are:
Best use of HbbTV for advertising and promotion
- Mautilus, s.r.o.: TV GAMES (Czech Republic)
- Antenna Hungaria Ltd.: MinDig TV Plusz – “Raid the Cage” (Hungary)
- Admeira AG: OK Button: Dialogue Case (Switzerland)
Best use of HbbTV for broadcast enhancement
- Sofia Digital Ltd: Participation TV with HbbTV (Finland)
- SRG SSR: Soccer live statistics (Switzerland)
- Channel One: HbbTV voting services for: “Voice”, “Who wants to be a millionaire” and “Let’s get married” (Russia)
- Antenna Hungaria Ltd.: MinDig TV Plusz – World Cup Service (Hungary)
- TeraVolt GmbH: BR – Wahlspecial (Germany)
Best multiscreen HbbTV service
- BT: Multi Screen MotoGP concept (UK)
- Tivù: tivùon! HbbTV companion screen (Italy)
- IRT: A Tangible TV Companion for a Children’s Quiz Show (Germany)
Best use of HbbTV for content discovery (VOD and Guides)
- Mediaset: Mediaset Play (Italy)
- ARTE G.E.I.E.: The ARTE HbbTV App (France)
- ProSiebenSat.1 Digital: Red Button Entertainment Feed (Germany)
- Bayerische Medien Technik GmbH: Lokal-TV-Portal (Germany)
- Cellnex: LOVEStv (Spain)
Best marketing or promotion of an HbbTV based service
- Tivù: tivùon! HbbTV service (Italy)
- Freeview: Freeview’s Free Love Freeway Campaign (UK)
- CCMA: HbbTV promotion for TV3 CANAL SUPER3 (Spain)
Best technology innovation in an HbbTV product or service
- Tivù: tivùon! Operator Application [OpApp] (Italy)
- CRTVE: España Directo Green Button (Spain)
- ARD Play-Out-Center: Signing Livestream App / ARD (Germany)
- Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation (ERT) by Fraunhofer FOKUS: Cloud-based 360° Video Playout for HbbTV (Greece)
Best individual contribution to the HbbTV Association
- Rob Foreman, BBC: HbbTV test suite activity
- Harald Molina-Tillmann, Freelancer: 10 years of contributions
- Chris Poole, BBC: Contributor to the activities of the Specification Group
- Mika Kanerva: Sofia Digital Ltd.: Work promoting HbbTV in the South-East Asia region
A Judges Grand Prix award will also be selected from across the categories.
The shortlists of finalists will be put forward to an independent jury of industry experts selecting the winners. Details about the jury members can be found here.
The prizes will be awarded at a prestigious ceremony on November 14, 2018. The ceremony forms part of the 7th HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2018, taking place on November 14-15, 2018 in Berlin under the theme Growing Value Through HbbTV. All finalists are invited to attend the awards ceremony.
“We are excited about the new and innovative applications nominated for the HbbTV Awards 2018, showing the broad variety of services enabled by HbbTV’s open specifications. They ensure that market players of all sizes can offer compelling viewer experiences by combining the best of both worlds in today’s increasingly converged broadcast and broadband industry,” said Vincent Grivet (TDF), Chair of the HbbTV Association.