Nominees for HbbTV Awards 2022 announced
Geneva, October 12, 2022 – The HbbTV Association, a global initiative dedicated to providing open standards for advanced interactive TV services through broadcast and broadband networks to connected TV sets and set-top boxes, is proud to announce the shortlists of entries nominated for the HbbTV Awards 2022, showcasing and celebrating excellence in the HbbTV community.
The finalists are (in alphabetical order):
Best use of HbbTV for advertising-based solutions
- Digital TV Group (DTG): Industry collaboration to explore “Targeted Substitution of Broadcast Ads Using HbbTV” (UK)
- Digitiwise: Interactive Game HbbTV App (Turkey)
- Fincons Group and Mediaset: HbbTV-TA (Italy)
- Kineton: KARP – Kineton Announcement Real-time Platform (Italy and USA)
- TV Nova: MAX REACH (Czech Republic)
Best tool or product for HbbTV service development or delivery
- Fincons Group: TVium (Europe)
- Kineton: Antares (Italy)
- Sofia Digital: Sofia Backstage(R) App Editor (for international markets, initially for Finland)
- TV Nova and CRA: HbbTV Manager (Czech Republic)
Best technology innovation in an HbbTV product or service
- ARTE: ARTE App (Europe and worldwide, depending on rights)
- Ocean Blue Software: The Open Red Button Project (all)
- TV Nova: Breaking News bar and HbbTV News Live stream (Czech Republic)
- ZDF: ZDFmediathek Highlight-Player (Germany)
Best interoperability and conformance tool
- Kineton: KineMediaCert (any HbbTV country)
Best marketing or promotion of an HbbTV-based service
- Cellnex in representation of LOVEStv: LOVEStv (Spain)
- Digitiwise: Interactive and Targeted Addressable TV Advertising (Turkey)
- Mostaza Television: Interactive Games (Spain)
- TV Nova: Voyo (SVOD service) in HbbTV (Czech Republic)
There is also an award for the “Best individual contribution to the HbbTV Association” and the judges’ award “HbbTV newcomer of the year”.
“We are excited about the strong interest in this year’s HbbTV Awards and the top-level market players competing for the connected TV industry’s most prestigious recognition. The wide scope of applications, services and tools submitted by the contenders reflect the key role the HbbTV specifications play for broadcasters, platform operators and service providers to benefit from the growth opportunities in TV and streaming,” said Vincent Grivet, Chairman of the HbbTV Association.
The shortlists of finalists will be put forward to an independent jury of industry experts selecting the winners. Details about the jury members can be found here.
The prizes will be awarded at a prestigious ceremony on November 9, 2022. The event forms part of the 10th HbbTV Symposium and Awards, jointly hosted by the HbbTV Association and the Czech Association of Commercial Television on November 9-10, 2022 in Prague. All finalists are invited to attend the awards ceremony.
Details on the HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2022, the conference programme, speakers, sponsors, media partners, event location and recommended hotels can be found at www.hbbtv.org/10th-hbbtv-symposium-and-awards-2022/.
Contact HbbTV Association:
Chair HbbTV Marketing and Education Working Group (MEWG)
Fuchs Media Consult GmbH
Tel: +49 171 4483 168