Nominees for HbbTV Awards 2023 announced
Geneva, November 1, 2023 – The HbbTV Association, a global initiative dedicated to providing open standards for the delivery of advanced interactive TV services through broadcast and broadband networks for connected TV sets and set-top boxes, is proud to announce the shortlists of entries nominated for the HbbTV Awards 2023, showcasing and celebrating excellence in the HbbTV community.
The finalists are (in alphabetical order):
Best use of HbbTV for advertising-based solutions
- Fincons Group & Mediaset: HbbTV TA Technical Live (Italy)
- FTV Prima: Adsimple (Czech Republic)
- Media For Europe (MFE – Mediaset España): Server-Side Targeted Advertising for Linear TV (Spain)
- TV Nova: Motion Screen (Czech Republic)
Best tool or product for HbbTV service development or delivery
- bmt on behalf of the German DVB-I Pilot: German DVB-I Pilot – Opening a new era for HbbTV delivery (Germany)
- Fincons Group & Mediaset: DVB-I Italian National Trial (Italy)
- Ocean Blue Software: ORB Emulator (global)
- Persidera: HbbTV HyperVision Portal for Supertennis (Italy)
- Samsung: Samsung Remote Web Inspector for HbbTV (global)
Best technology innovation in an HbbTV product or service
- rbb/ARD: Xplore (Germany)
- RTL interactive: RTL+ (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
- Video Solutions AG: wedotv.com (Italy)
- ZDF & TeraVolt: ZDFmediathek: Zapping (Germany)
Best marketing or promotion of an HbbTV-based service
- Persidera: HbbTV HyperVision app for Lega Serie A with RDS (Italy)
- TVekstra: Turkiye Is Bankası – Nays Scratch Card Game (Turkey)
- TV Nova: TN LIVE (Czech Republic)
There will also be a judges’ award for the “HbbTV newcomer of the year”.
“We are happy about the strong line-up of nominations for this year’s HbbTV Awards, showing the great variety of applications and services enabled the HbbTV specifications and the important role they play to drive innovations in the TV and streaming market,” said Vincent Grivet, Chairman of the HbbTV Association.
The shortlists of finalists will be put forward to an independent jury of industry experts selecting the winners. Details about the jury members can be found here.
The prizes will be awarded at a prestigious ceremony on November 28, 2023. The event forms part of the 11th HbbTV Symposium and Awards, jointly hosted by the HbbTV Association and the Italian digital TV association Comunicare Digitale on November 28-29, 2023 in Naples. All finalists are invited to attend the awards ceremony.
Details on the HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2023, the conference programme, speakers, sponsors, media partners, event location and recommended hotels can be found at www.hbbtv.org/11th-hbbtv-symposium-and-awards-2023/.