- This event has passed.
Workshop: Open-Source Media Application Reference Tools
May 9, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This online workshop is organised by the DVB Project and the 5G Media Action Group in collaboration with the DASH Industry Forum, CTA WAVE and the HbbTV Association. It is open to anyone with an interest in open-source reference tools for use in the context of media applications. The workshop will take place on Zoom, in meeting mode on Monday, May 9, 2022, 15:00 to 17:30 CEST.
It is not planned to make a recording available afterwards and we hope that those who attend will participate actively with questions and in the discussion session.
Please register here: https://us02web.zoom
The workshop is focused on the development of open-source software for media applications with a series of status updates and roadmaps on relevant projects from the five organisations mentioned above. These will be followed by a discussion on how collaboration and interoperability can be improved and potential next steps into commercial deployments.
The full agenda will be developed over the coming weeks and includes participation from:
- 5G-MAG reference tools – Johann Mika (ORS)
- DVB-I reference tools – Paul Higgs (Huawei) and Juha Joki (Sofia Digital)
- CTA WAVE Test Suite – presenter to be confirmed
- Dash.js development – Daniel Silhavy (Fraunhofer FOKUS)
- JCCP (Joint Streaming Conformance Software Project) – Romain Bouqueau (GPAC Licensing)
- HbbTV Reference Video Application – Juha Joki (Sofia Digital)